Diy crafting is a lot of fun, and not only can you be fully engaged in the process, but it's also very rewarding to finish a piece with your own hands. The same goes for making your own Hanfu, which is why we've launched this series, will continue to update the Hanfu sewing pattern and process of making different styles of Hanfu for you in the future.
Introduction to Pifeng
Hanfu Pifeng(披风, cape) is a form of Chinese Hanfu clothing, mostly straight-necked, Duijin (对襟), with two long sleeves, with slits under both armpits, can be worn both indoors and outdoors. From many portraits as well as notes on the data, Pifeng used to be a popular clothing style of the Ming Dynasty.
Sewing Pattern Explained - Making Cuts Tutorial
The Pifeng shape is not complicated, and those who like to make Hanfu or DIY Hanfu dress can try to make it if have the right fabric.
- A/B/C/D equal width, 50~60cm
- Cuff width 30-60cm (depending on sleeve size)
- Width of sleeve heel 30~40cm
- The collar is opened to the level of the armpit, and the width of the collar opening is twice as wide as the width of the collar edge, which is about 8cm wide.
- The side slits are about at waist and hip.
- The length of the garment is from your neck to your calf.
- The chest width of the cape is about 15~~20cm wider than the chest (refer to the jacket).
- The width of the hem is 100~110cm
Detailed sewing pattern:
Reference of modern Hanfu Pifeng wearing method
The above is an introduction to the Hanfu sewing pattern of Pifeng. For more on how to make a Hanfu clothing and Hanfu dress/ clothing/accessories DIY, stay tuned for future articles.