Today, let’s talk about how to wear Hanfu in Song Dynasty.
Many people think that Hanfu is the clothing of the Han dynasty. In fact, Hanfu is not simply the clothing of which dynasty but contains the clothing of previous dynasties. Now, more and more young people begin to contact Hanfu, and the cultural elements of Hanfu also frequently appear in our sight.
The Hanfu of the Song Dynasty is not as elegant as that of the Tang Dynasty, which saves a lot of bright colors. The characteristics of the Song style are more simple and elegant. Beizi is the daily traditional dress of women in the Song Dynasty. The style of Beizi is the straight neck and Duijin (对襟), split under the armpit, tied with cloth at the waist, knee-long at the bottom. Later, it was often worn by women of later generations.
Beizi began in Sui Dynasty. In Song Dynasty, the main style of Beizi was large sleeves, on the edge of Duijin, it would be embroidered with some lace, the straight collar was from top to bottom, and it would also be embroidered with lace at the cuff.
Wearing method of one-piece Ruqun + Beizi
Now the improved Song Dynasty Hanfu is designed by suspenders, Beizi, and skirts. When we get a set of Beizi, we first put on the suspenders inside, and then put on the skirt of the lower body. We must not wear Beizi outside first, because Beizi is very long, it is not convenient to wear the outermost skirt.
- put on the suspender, and then wear the skirt.
- align the skirt from the middle, and then war the skirt around your body.
- Tie the straps across the back, then wrap it around the front of the body and tie a knot.
- adjust the skirt in the right direction, then go to wear the outside Beizi.
- put on our beautiful Beizi, and remember to fasten it.
Wearing method of two-piece Ruqun + Scarves
- First of all, put on the suspenders and skirts inside, and then tie the straps of the Beizi.
- align two-piece lower skirt, and fasten the two straps.
- tie the straps at the front and tie the bow.
- it will be more beautiful with a piece of silk scarves (披帛).
Song Dynasty belongs to one of the most prosperous dynasties in China. It is full of elegance and wealth in clothing. Now many Song dynasty Hanfu has improved versions, its easy to wear.
More article about wear Hanfu: