In summer, sweat stains and dirt can easily leave permanent marks on your clothes. As the fabrics of Hanfu have different degrees of adaptability, it is all the more necessary to take good care of them, or else they will lose their best shine. How to take care of Hanfu after purchase?
What about the common Hanfu fabrics, chiffon, cotton, linen, silk, and so on, and how exactly should they be taken care of? Let’s go through them by Han Time.
The characteristics of common fabrics and washing maintenance of Hanfu
Chiffon, the name comes from the French CHIFFE phonetic meaning, meaning thin and transparent fabric, is a silk product in the spinning products, the fabric is thin, transparent, soft, floating. Chiffon clothing texture is thin and transparent, feels soft and elastic, the appearance of light and elegant, has good permeability and drape, wearing elegant and comfortable.
- Soak and wash, then stretch and iron to avoid shrinkage;
- Wash gently, do not scrub hard;
- Water temperature does not exceed 45 degrees;
- Natural drip dry after washing, please do not wring;
- Should be shade dry, avoid sunlight, so as to avoid fading, should not be dryer;
- Wash separately from other clothes.
- heavily decorated chiffon is best placed flat in the wardrobe so that it is not easy to deform.
- Washed chiffon Hanfu, can not be put in a plastic bag, it is best to put in the fabric bag, so as to avoid staining dust;
- Spray perfume to pay attention to the distance, so as to avoid leaving yellow spots.
Organza, the texture is divided into transparent and translucent light yarn, mostly used to cover the satin or silk above; itself with a certain degree of hardness, easy to shape, is widely used in Europe and the United States and other countries for wedding dresses, dresses of the production.
Nowadays, there are fewer Hanfu that directly use organza as the main fabric, because of the influence of comfort, and other dresses such as diamond yarn and pearlescent yarn can also be referred.
- Do not soak in cold water for a long time, 5 to 10 minutes is appropriate;
- Use neutral washing powder when washing;
- Do not machine wash, but hand wash, rub gently to prevent fiber damage;
- It is best to dry in the shade, avoid the sun, so as not to damage the fiber;
- Organza is characterized by acid resistance but not alkali resistance, so in order to keep the color bright, put a few drops of acetic acid in the water before drying, and then soak for about ten minutes to dry, so as to maintain the color of the clothes.
- Organza products should not spray perfume, freshener, deodorant, etc. because this may cause Eugenia clothes to absorb a certain smell or discoloration.
- In the wardrobe, is best to use hangers to hang up, hangers do not use metal, clothing to prevent rust and other pollution.
Polyester fabric, i.e. polyester fiber, is strong and durable, wrinkle-resistant, and stiff, good dimensional stability, so it is widely used, with easy washing and quick-drying, wrinkle-resistant and iron-free. Polyester fabric has a good heat resistance and good plasticity, so the pleated skirt made of polyester fabric can keep wrinkles for a long time.
- Suitable for washing with all kinds of washing powder and soap;
- Washing temperature below 45 degree Celsius;
- Machine washable, hand washable and dry cleanable;
- Can be brushed with brushes.
- In daily maintenance, not exposed to the sun, should not be dried.
Cotton fabric is the preferred choice for summer clothing and is made up of natural fibers that are light, moisture-absorbing, and breathable to refresh the skin during the hot season. It has a natural cooling effect and has no bad effects on the skin. These garments are easy to take care of, not easy to deform, strong buildability.
- This kind of fabric, strong alkaline resistance, can be hand-washed or machine-washed separately with neutral detergent, should not be scrubbed or scrubbed partially when washing, better choose cold water washing.
- Sweaty clothes are not easy to leave or soak for a long time, so as not to make the protein in the sweat stains coagulate and adhere to the clothing, so that yellow sweat spots will appear.
- Lightly twist and squeeze the water after washing, when drying to tidy the clothes smooth, and turn the clothes to the opposite side lay flat shade dry.
- Wash dark cotton clothing for the first time, with cold saltwater soak 2-3 hours, will reduce the chance of fading.
Silk linen, a hemp fabric with natural plant and silk ingredients, has the look and style of natural hemp fabric, with the advantage of being stiff and breathable due to the addition of mulberry silk.
- Do not use hard brushes or scrubbing, so as to avoid fabric linting, avoid wringing.
- Silk and linen material can not be bleached, can not be dry-cleaned, and very easy to shrink.
- Choose neutral detergent, soak in cold water for 1-2 minutes before washing, should not be too long, so as not to fade.
- Ironing temperature should be controlled between 200-230 degrees Celsius, ironing when semi-dry, pleats should not be heavy pressure ironing.
- Silk and linen is composed of cellulose macromolecules, moisture absorption is very good, in storage mainly to prevent its mold, that is, to prevent the propagation of mold microorganisms. The main method is to keep the fabric clean and dry, especially in the summer rainy season to pay attention to the inspection and drying.
Silk is known as the queen of fibers and has an extremely warm and delicate texture. Silk is soft and smooth, soft to the touch, cool to wear, and has the best skin-friendly properties. It can protect human skin from ultraviolet rays, which is the reason why “cashmere in winter and silk in summer”. Silk is a very suitable fabric for women to wear close to the skin.
- Silk clothes color fastness is relatively poor, the color will fade when encountering temperature, so use cold water and try to hand wash.
- Silk is mainly composed of protein, and the alkali content of laundry detergent is too high, the alkaline will denature the protein, resulting in silk fabric folds. Therefore, it is recommended to use special laundry detergent or children’s shower gel to wash silk;
- Silk clothes should be rinsed after the next acid, the method is to add 5% white vinegar in the water, the silk clothes into it, invasion of 2 minutes, the advantages of the acid is to play a role in a solid color;
- Silk should not be directly ironing, 80% dry in the top cover a layer of wet cloth and then ironing, ironing temperature should be controlled below 150 ℃, the iron should not directly touch the silk surface;
- External wear as far as possible to reduce the friction with hard objects and strong pull hard hooks.